Friday, July 26, 2013

Destination: YOKOSO! JAPAN (Day 06 Takashimaya Times Square, Meiji Shrine and Harajuku)

Hello my darling readers! I just got back the other day from our mini trip to Hong Kong. So let's continue this Japan Travel Diary Series of mine. On our 6th day, we went on a shopping itinerary.  First stop was Takashimaya Times Square which is only a 10 minute walk away from where we were staying, Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.

*Photo Heavy*


We went straight to the Basement which is the food area.

My sister and I got a lot of Makea Puut chiffon cakes! THEY ARE SIMPLY THE BEST JAPANESE CAKE WE HAVE EVER TASTED!!! We gave these to family and friends as gifts.

For lunch we roamed around Shinjuku streets to find something to eat.

This poster caught our attention and my mom was craving for Yakitori.


The restaurant turns out to be a tiny bar that serves bar food!!! Yikes!


We ordered the following:

Takoyaki, Edamame Beans and Kobe Beef with Fries.

Chicken Yakitori, Omurice and Tamago Roll.

After lunch we went to Meiji Shrine.

The iconic torii gate.










We got Green tea and Cherry Blossom Ice Cream. DELICIOUS!






You have to wash your hands and mouth before going inside the shrine.






Our next stop was Harajuku to check out cosplayers and do shopping! This is the famous Takeshita Street where cosplayers hangout every weekend. LOOK AT THAT MASS OF PEOPLE!

Of course we had to line up and get some of the famous Marion Crepes.




I also had to get some freshly fried Calbee Potato Chips!



Liz Lisa store. Everything was too cute and too expensive!


The famous pink Daiso store! This is the biggest Daiso store in Japan.



Can't wait to show you my Daiso haul!







Emo shot. (@,@)

The word I like to see posted in one of my favorite shopping places. lol.

For dinner, we went here. This is I guess the red light district in Shinjuku.






Ramen and Gyoza for dinner at Tokyo Tonkotsu Noodle. The noodles were one of the best I have tasted in my life!

To be continued...


Have A Lovely Day!



3 comments:

  1. Very, very splendid! It appears that everywhere you go, every corner hold something you just gotta see... or buy... or eat. :D If only I could also go to their Daiso and buy stuff.

    If you were able to go to Akihabara, I'm eager to see that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Yes! We did go to Akihabara on our day 5.

      http://misslovelytan.blogspot.com/2013/07/destination-yokoso-japan-day-05-tsukiji.html

      Delete
  2. Amazing site! Good intentions. From the start, the blog seems to be a motivational one. I will follow your blog here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I want to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...